Table of Contents
Rinku Singh (Cricketer) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Girlfriend, Cricket Career and More
Rinku Singh is an Indian cricketer who plays for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the Indian Premier League and Uttar Pradesh in domestic cricket. He is a left-handed top order batsman and a right-handed off-spinner. Rinku made a remarkable performance on April 9th, 2023 by hitting 5 consecutive sixes in the last 5 balls of the last over to help his franchise, Kolkata Knight Riders, to defeat the Gujarat Titans.
Born as the third of five siblings to Khanchandra Singh, a worker at an LPG distribution company, Rinku Singh grew up in a two-room quarter near Aligarh Stadium in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. As a child, he thought of getting a job as a sweeper to help his family who was struggling financially, but he ended up running away to pursue a career in Cricket instead.
|Full Name||Rinku Khanchand Singh|
|Date of Birth||12 October 1997|
|Birth Place||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Home Town||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
|Family||Mother : Veena Devi|
Father : Khanchand Singh
Sister : Neha Singh
Brother : Jeetu Singh
Wife : Not Available
|Address||Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh|
Rinku made his mark in cricket from an early age, representing Uttar Pradesh at the Under-16, Under-19, and Under-23 levels, as well as Central Zone at the Under-19 level.
His List A debut for Uttar Pradesh came in March 2014 when he was just 16, top-scoring with 83. Two years later, in November 2016, he made his first-class debut for Uttar Pradesh during the 2016–17 Ranji Trophy.
Rinku was also the leading run-scorer for Uttar Pradesh in that season’s group stage of the Ranji Trophy with 803 runs in nine matches, ending the tournament with 953 runs in ten matches. Later in 2017, Kings XI Punjab signed him for the 2017 Indian Premier League, and he was then bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders with a worth of 80 lakh rupees in the 2018 IPL auction.
He was replaced by Gurkeerat Singh Mann as an injury to his knee in 2021 and it also forced him to miss the Indian Premier League. He was then bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders again at the 2022 IPL auction. He made the most of his return to the tournament, earning his first Man of the Match award and a cheque of one lakh rupees for his 42 runs in 23 balls, at a strike-rate of 182.61, against the Rajasthan Royals.
Education Details and More
|State Team||Uttar Pradesh|
|Playing Role||Middle order Batter|
|Batting Style||Left hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right arm Offbreak|
|First-class Debut||UP vs Punjab at Hyderabad – 5-8 November 2016|
|List A Debut||UP vs Vidarbha at Jaipur – 5 March 2014|
|T20s Debut||UP vs Vidarbha at Nagpur – 31 March 2014|
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 6″ Feet|
|Body Shape||Chest: 38 inches|
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
|Hobbies||Hanging out with friends and Travel|
Marital Status and More
|IPL Auction Price||IPL 2018: 80 Lakh INR|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Rinku Singh
- Rinku Singh hails from a humble background, with his father an LPG delivery man and his brother an auto-rickshaw driver.
- He is the ninth of nine family members, living in a small two-room house in the compound of the LPG distribution company.
- His father retired from his profession of LPG distribution after getting to know his son’s selection to the IPL franchise.
- His monthly family income of 12000 changed before he was signed for the IPL.
- He represented Uttar Pradesh in various categories including Under-16, Under-19 and Under-23 levels.
- He won a motorbike as Man of the Series award in a tournament in Delhi, and went on to play nine Ranji Trophy matches for Uttar Pradesh, scoring 692 runs at an average of 49.
- In 2017, Kings XI Punjab bought him for the base price, but he didn’t get the opportunity to play in a single match.
- He earned first attention when he scored 91 off 31 balls in a match by Mumbai Indians, which led to his acquisition by Kolkata Knight Riders.
- The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) suspended Singh for a three-month period on 30 May 2019, as he had participated in the Ramadan T20 Tournament in Abu Dhabi without gaining prior permission.
- On 9 April 2023, Rinku created history at an IPL match against Gujarat Titans, where he smashed 5 sixes in the final over to successfully chase down 29 runs – the highest-ever chase in the tournament’s final over ever.
"Because he's the Knight #KKR deserves and the one they need right now" – Rinku Singh 😎#GTvKKR #TATAIPL #IPLonJioCinema | @KKRiders pic.twitter.com/b1QrN3fLjX— JioCinema (@JioCinema) April 9, 2023
If you have more details about Rinku Singh. Please comment below we will update within an hour.