Gaten Matarazzo (Actor) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Girlfriend and More
Gaetano John Tarquinn or “Gaten” Matarazzo III is an American actor and a theater artist. He began his career on the Broadway stage as Benjamin in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. He is best known for his role as Dustin Henderson in the Netflix science-fiction-horror drama series Stranger Things.
Birth & Early Life
Gaten Matarazzo was born on September 8, 2002 in Kenya to parents Gaetano and Heather Matarazzo. They later moved to U.S. due to Ebola outbreak due to which he was raised in Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey. He is from Italian descent.
Gaten completed his schooling from Pinelands Regional High School in Tuckerton, New Jersey. He has two siblings, an older sister Sabrina and a younger brother Carmen. He was involved in performing arts, specifically singing and pursued vocal training at Starlight Performing Arts Center in New Jersey.
|Gaetano John Tarquinn
|Actor, Theatre Artist, Voice over artist and Singer
|Date of Birth
|September 8, 2002
|Age (as in 2021)
|New Jersey, United States
|Mother : Heather Matarazzo (Teacher)
Father : Gaetano Matarazzo Sr. (Works for US Government)
Brother : Carmen Matarazzo (Younger)
Sister : Sabrina Matarazzo (Elder)
Wife : Not Available
|Los Angeles, California, United States
Gaten Matarazzo began his career on the Broadway stage as Benjamin in Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and as Gavroche in Les Misérables. In 2016 he came into limelight with the role of Dustin Henderson in Stranger Things created by Duffer Brothers. The series second and third seasons of the series were released in October 2017 and July 2019 and fourth season was halted due to pandemic and will release soon. In 2019 he starred hosting Netflix’s Prank Encounters.
Education Details and More
|Little Egg Harbor Township, New Jersey
Pinelands Regional High School, Tuckerton, New Jersey
|Television : The Blacklist (2015)
Film : The Angry Birds Movie 2 (2019; As voice over artist)
|Shorty Awards (2017)
Screen Actors Guild Awards (2018)
Physical Stats and More
|5′ 6″ Feet
|Chest: 38 inches
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 12 inches
|Singing, Dancing and Playing Guitar
Gaten Matarazzo is dating Lizzy Yu since March 2018.
Marital Status and More
|Lizzy Yu (Social Media Influencer)
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Gaten Matarazzo
- Gaten Matarazzo was born in Kenya but raised in New Jersey, United States. He is currently living in California due to acting projects.
- He initially auditioned for Mike Wheeler for Stranger Things.
- Matarazzo has a condition called Cleidocranial dysplasia which is a rare genetic condition that affects how one’s bones and teeth develop. In Matarazzo’s case, he doesn’t have collarbones and he has a lisp caused by the presence of his baby teeth. After learning about his disability, Stranger Things creators Matt and Ross Duffer decided to make the condition a part of Matarazzo’s character, Dustin. Matarazzo raises awareness and funds for the cleidocranial dysplasia population through a charity called CCD Smiles.
- He won Shorty award for best actor in 2017 and Screen Actors Guild Awards for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series
- Matarazzo also appeared in several music videos like Swish Swish by Katy Perry, “Lost Boys Life” by Computer Boys (Darren & Chuck Criss), “Jimmy Fallon’s Golden Globes 2017 Opening” and Meet me on the roof by Green day
- He also sung Never Ending Story for soundtrack of Stranger Things season 3 with Gabriella Pizzolo.
- He was voice over artist for The Angry Birds Movie 2 as Bubba.
- Matarazzo has also appeared as Guest in The Blacklist, Mako Mermaids, The Tiatanic and Nickelodeon’s Unfiltered.
If you have more details about Gaten Matarazzo. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.