Shiv Kumar Subramaniam (Actor) Wiki, Age, Date of Birth, Death Cause, Biography, Girlfriend and More
Shiv Kumar Subramaniam was an Indian actor and screenwriter. He passed away on 10 April 2022 due to prolonged illness and pancreatic cancer. He is known for playing Alia Bhatt’s father character in Bollywood film 2 States. Shiv Kumar was also worked in many Hindi films such as Meenakshi Sundareshwar, Hichki, Laakhon Mein Ek, Kaminey, 1942: A Love Story etc. He had also achieved popularity for roles in TV shows like Kismat and Mukti Bandhan.
Shiv Kumar Subramaniam was born on 23 December 1959 to a Tamil Hindu family in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was elder son of Balaram Subramaniam. His family also consist of two siblings named Rajlaxmi Dravid and Raja Subramaniam. Shiv Kumar has done his early schooling from Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School, Pune and later pursued graduation in English Literature from St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
He began his acting career when he joined Naseeruddin Shah’s theatre group in the 80s. He soon met noted filmmaker Vidhu Vinod Chopra, who asked him to write the screenplay for his gangster movie Parinda. Some of his other films include Rocky Handsome, Ungli, Kaminey, 1942: A Love Story, and 2 States.
|Real Name||Shiv Kumar Subramaniam|
|Profession||Actor and Screenplay writer|
|Date of Birth||23 December 1959|
|Death||11 April 2022|
|Death Cause||Prolonged illness and pancreatic cancer|
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Family||Mother : Name Not Known|
Father : Balaram Subramaniam
Sister : Rajlaxmi Dravid
Brother : Raja Subramaniam
Wife : Divya Subramaniam (née Jagdale)
Son : Jahaan Subramaniam
Education Details and More
|School||Shri Shivaji Preparatory Military School, Pune|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||BA in English Literature|
|Debut||Film : Parinda (1989; As an actor and screenplay writer)|
Some Facts About Shiv Kumar Subramaniam
- Shiv Kumar Subramaniam was born and brought up in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
- He started his Bollywood career as an actor and screenplay writer in Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s film Parinda.
- In addition to film, he also played several television serial and best known for essaying I. M. Virani in the Colors TV’s television serial Mukti Bandhan.
- In 1990, he received Filmfare Award for Best Screenplay for debut film Parinda.
- Shiv Kumar had won Filmfare Awards for Best Story for Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi, which he shared with Sudhir Mishra and Ruchi Narain.
- Shiv Kumar was also featured in some television commercials including Dairy Milk, OLX and PhonePe.
- He made his digital debut with the 2017 web series Laakhon Mein Ek, which revolved around a student who joins an IIT coaching centre in Vizag.
- Filmmaker Hansal Mehta first shared gutted news of Shiv Kumar’s death. He wrote,
“Terrible news to wake up to. Shiv Subramaniam gone. Heartbreaking (sic).” He also shared Shiv Kumar’s family statement about his death.
- Furthermore, he also issued a message on social media.
- Incredibly tragically, this happened two months after the passing of their only child, Jahaan, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor two weeks before his 16th birthday.
If you have more details about Shiv Kumar Subramaniam. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.