Nicole Maines (Actress) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Nicole Maines is an American actress and transgender rights activist. She is best known for appearing in television series Nia Nal (or Dreamer) role in television series Supergirl from 2018-2021. She has also worked in several television series including Darby and the Dead, Good Trouble, Bit, The Trans List and Royal Pains.
Birth & Early Life
Nicole Maines was born on October 7, 1997 in Gloversville, New York. She is adopted by Kelly and Wayne Maines in 1997. She has a twin brother named Jonas. Maines was assigned male at birth and started showing signs of gender variance at a young age. Her brother, Jonas, accepted her gender identity from a young age. Maines completed her high school graduation from Waynflete School and later pursued graduation at University of Maine.
In July 2015, after a month of high school graduation, she underwent gender-affirming surgery in Philadelphia. She chose Nicole (Nikki for short) as her name after the character Nicole Bristow, one of Zoey’s sidekicks on the Nickelodeon show Zoey 101.
|Real Name||Nicole Amber Maines|
|Profession||Actress and Transgender rights activist|
|Date of Birth||October 7, 1997 ((Instagram))|
|Age (as in 2022)||25 Years|
|Birth Place||Gloversville, New York|
|Home Town||Gloversville, New York|
|Family||Mother : Kelly Maines|
Father : Wayne Maines
Brother : Jonas Maines
Sister : Not Available
Partner : Nathan Weir ((Instagram))
|Address||Gloversville, New York|
Maines began her acting career as a transgender teen Anna in USA Network television series Royal Pains. Later she worked in two documentaries The Trans List and Not Your Skin. She got into limelight her performance as Nia Nal in The CW’s television series Supergirl. She portrayed the first transgender superhero on television. She subsequently starred as Liza Davis in Good Trouble and Piper in Darby and the Dead.
Education Details and More
|College||University of Maine|
|Debut||Television : Royal Pains (2015)|
Film : Bit (2019)
|Awards||Upstander Award (2020)|
Grand Jury Prize for Best Performance (2019)
Woman of the Year by Glamour Magazine (2014)
Visibility Award by Human Rights Campaign of Chicago (2018)
and many more
Physical Stats and More
|Height||In Feet : 5′ 7″ ft|
In Meter : 1.71 m
|Weight||In Pound : 136 lbs|
In Kilogram : 62 Kg
|Hobbies||Dance, Photography and Travel|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Nicole Maines
- Nicole Maines was born and brought up in Gloversville, New York.
- She sued and won a court case against her school district for the right to use a female restroom. It was the first court case in the United States to rule that a school district could not prevent a student from using the restroom that matches his or her gender identity rather than their physical sex.
- She later gained much popularity through 2015 book ‘Becoming Nicole: The Transformation of an American Family’, by Washington Post writer Amy Ellis Nutt. The book revealed the story of her family coming to terms with her gender identity.
- She received Upstander Award by Human Rights Campaign in 2020. It recognize young individuals in the region who use their character strengths to be upstanders and make a difference in the community.
- She is currently in relationship with Canada based fitness trainer Nate K Weir.
- She loves to make short videos on Instagram and TikTok.
If you have more details about Nicole Maines. Please comment below we will update within an hour.