Table of Contents
Surekha Sikri (Actress) Age, Death Cause, Date of Birth, Wiki, Biography, Family and More
Surekha Sikri was an Indian television and film actress. She is primarily known for her role as Dadisa in the television show Balika Vadhu. Surekha started her acting journey with the 1978 film Kissa Kursi Ka. She has been honored with National Film Award, Indian Telly Award for Best Actress, Filmfare Award etc. Her last film was Badhaai Ho, which came in the year 2018.
Birth & Early Life
Surekha Sikri was born on 19 April 1945 in Almora, Uttar Pradesh. Her father was working in the Indian Air Force while mother was a teacher. Surekha was fond of acting since childhood and often participated in theatrical stage and dance competition. After completing her graduation, she chose acting as her career and joined the National School of Drama. Surekha worked with many famous film directors and actors during this period.
|Real Name||Surekha Sikri|
|Profession||Actress, Theater Artist|
|Famous Role||Dadisa in TV show Balika Vadhu|
|Date of Birth||19 April 1945|
|Age (as in 2021)||75 Years|
|Birth Place||Almora, Uttar Pradesh|
|Home Town||Almora, Uttar Pradesh|
|Death||16 July 2021|
|Death Cause||Cardiac Arrest|
|Family||Mother : Name Not Known (Air Force Officer)|
Father : Name Not Known (Teacher)
Sister : Not Available
Brother : Not Available
Husband : Late Hemant Rege
Son : Rahu Sikri
Surekha moved to Mumbai to make a career in the film industry, in the 70s. She got her first breakthrough role in 1978 film Kissa Kursi Ka, in which she worked with famous actors like Shabana Azmi, Utpal Dutt, Rehana Sultan and Manohar Singh. After this film, she was seen playing supporting roles in many films. She worked in more than 100 films in her career. Her major films include names like Dev.D, Jo Bole So Nihaal, Dillagi, Badhaai Ho and Sarfarosh.
Apart from films, Surekha was also very active in the television world. From the year 1996, she started working actively in the television industry. She became a household name among the Indian audience with her portrayal of Balika Vadhu.
Education Details and More
|College||GEC Aligarh Muslim University|
Nation School of Drama
|Debut||Film : Kissa Kursi Ka (1978)|
Television : Kabhi Kabhi (1997)
|Awards||National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress|
Indian Television Academy awards
Surekha was married to Hemant Rege with whom she has a son, Rahul Sikri. Rahul is an artist. Hemant died on 20 October 2009 due to heart failure.
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 2″ Feet|
|Hobbies||Listening Old Songs|
Some Facts About Surekha Sikri
- Surekha Sikri was born and brought up in Almora, Uttar Pradesh.
- She won three awards: the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress, Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress and the Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance in Bollywood film Badhaai Ho.
- Surekha was an alumnus of the National School of Drama.
- Surekha started her professional acting career with Amrit Nahata directed Bollywood film Kissa Kursi Ka, played the lead role of Meera.
- She worked in theatre for many years before entering the world of acting.
- She rose to fame in the television industry with the famous show Balika Vadhu, in which she played one of the main characters, Kalyani Devi Dharamveer Singh aka Dadisa.
- The actress was ailing for a long time. She was paralyzed in 2018 and had a brain stroke in 2020. On 16 July 2021, she breathed last in a private hospital in Mumbai.
If you have more details about Surekha Sikri. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.