Swastika Mukherjee (Actress) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Swastika Mukherjee is an Indian actress, best known for her portrayal of characters in Bengali movies. She has worked in famous films like Dil Bechara (2020), Shibaji (2008) and Detective Byomkesh Bakshy! (2015). Mukherjee is quite popular on digital platform and has been worked in arious web-series on platforms like Hoichoi, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar etc.
Birth & Early Life
Swastika Mukherjee was born on 13 December 1980, to a Bengali family in Kolkata, West Bengal. She is the daughter of late Santu Mukherjee who was also an actor in the Bengali film industry. Mukherjee completed her elementary and middle schooling from Caramel School, Kolkata and later went on to finish her schooling from St. Teresa’s Secondary School and Gokhale Memorial School.
|Real Name||Swastika Mukherjee|
|Date of Birth||13 December 1980|
|Age (as in 2021)||41 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Family||Mother : Gopa Mukherjee|
Father : Late. Santu Mukherjee
Sister : Ajopa Mukherjee
Brother : Not Available
Husband : Promit Sen (m. 1998-2007)
Daughter : Anwesha (b. 2000)
Mukherjee made her acting debut with Bengali television series Devdasi in the year 2000. She got her break in Bengali cinema in 2001, in the film Hemanter Pakhi. Swastika didn’t get her big break until 2004, when she acted as the lead female character named ‘Mamata’ in Mastan. She acted in several other movies like Priyotama, Kranti etc.
Mukherjee has been applauded for playing the character of a strong mother in the movie Aaron, her performance is deemed as heart- touching. She is known to challenge the beauty standards and stereotypes of the film industry and society in general. Her performance in the Bengali satire, Bhooter Bhabisyat as Kadalibala Dasa is highly appreciated.
In 2011, she made her Bollywood debut with the film Mumbai Cutting, she has worked in other Hindi language movies like Dil Bechara, Detective Byomkesh Bakshy. She played the role of Mrs. Basu in the 2020 Hotstar film, Dil Bechara.
Education Details and More
|School||Caramel School, Kolkata|
St. Teresa’s Secondary School
Gokhale Memorial School
|Debut||Television : Devdasi (2000; Bengali)|
Film : Hemanter Pakhi (2001; Bengali)
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 4″ Feet|
|Eye Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hair Colour||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies||Reading and Listening Music|
Swastika Mukherjee married Promit Sen, a well-known music composer at the age of 18. But within two years of marriage, she accused her husband of physical abuse and torture. After which both started living separately. Swastika also gave birth to a girl child in 2000. Finally, they took divorce in 2007, considering their marriage as unsuccessful.
Marital Status and More
|Controversies||• In November 2014, she was allegedly caught shoplifting in Singapore and is accused of having left a store with earrings worth $200.|
• On 24 May 2014, Swastika was admitted to a private hospital with deep wounds on her left wrist. According to some media reports, she tried to commit suicide.
• In 2000, Swastika accused her husband of physically abusing her and locking her out of their home when she was pregnant.
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Swastika Mukherjee
- Swastika Mukherjee was born and brought up in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- She acted in the Bengali English language movie called Kia and Cosmos in 2019.
- She worked in amazon prime’s recent web series, Paatal Lok as Dolly Mehra.
- Swastika is very often appreciated for her beautiful hazel Green eyes.
- She is a feminist and has been involved with campaigns like #WETHEWOMEN.
- Mukherjee was the lead actress in Charitraheen 3, which is one of the highest grossing Bengali web series franchise.
- She loves travelling and loves to credit herself as a foodie.
- She calls herself a foodie and lipstick addict.
If you have more details about Swastika Mukherjee . Please comment below we will updated within a hour.