Table of Contents
Austin Majors was an American actor known for his portrayals of Theo Sipowicz on 48 episodes of NYPD Blue. He was also part of “How I Met Your Mother,” “Desperate Housewives,” and “NCIS.” On February 11, 2023, Majors died while staying at a homeless housing facility in Los Angeles. ((WFXR)) His cause of death has not been released.
Birth & Early Life
Austin Majors was born on 23 November 1995 in California, United States. He has a younger sister named Kali Majors.
He went on to attend USC’s School of Cinematic Arts, graduating with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in directing and music producing. ((NBC Bay Area))
Majors made his acting debut in 1997 through the movie Nevada. He subsequently featured in small appearances in the film The Price of Air and television series Providence. Majors rose to fame by playing role of Theo Sipowicz, the son of Detective Andy Sipowicz (played by Dennis Franz) in the series NYPD Blue from 1999 to 2004. He earned the Young Artist Award for Best Performance in a Drama Series for the show.
In 2002, he also lent his voice to Disney’s animated film “Treasure Planet,” playing a young version of Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s Jim Hawkins.
He nominated for best performance in a voice-over role the following year. Majors’ other notable credits were How I Met Your Mother, An Accidental Christmas, Hercules, NCIS, Desperate Housewives and Threshold.
- Austin Majors was born as Austin Setmajer in California.
- He was an active Eagle Scout and received scouting’s highest rank at the age of fourteen.
- He was 2013 Salutatorian graduate in High School.
- His younger sister Kali Majors is also an actress and worked in NCIS, Pepper Dennis and Strong Medicine.
- Majors was an active member of ‘Kids with a Cause’ since 2005.
- Majors had a passion for riding motorcycles, attending concerts, camping and hiking.
We strive for accuracy and fairness. If you see something that doesn’t look right, contact us!