Nishikant Kamat (Director) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Girlfriend and More
Nishikant Kamat is an Indian film director and actor. He is known for the films Lai Bhaari, Drishyam and Force. He started his career as an actor. After which he got the opportunity to direct the Marathi film Dombivali Fast in 2005. Nishikant has directed total 8 films in his career.
Nishikant Kamat was born in Dadar, Maharashtra. He always had a dream of making a career in the film industry. He started working in theater while studying at Wilson College. Nishikant got his first breakthrough in the 2004 film Hava Aney Dey. He then directed the film Dombivali Fast in 2005. After this film, he never looked back. He directed superhit films like Mumbai Meri Jaan, Force, Lai Bhaari, Drishyam, Madaari and Rocky Handsome in his career.
Nishikant’s last film was Bhavesh Joshi in which he played an important character of Rana. His upcoming film also included Darbadar’s name but the shooting could not be completed.
|Real Name||Nishikant Kamat|
|Profession||Director and Actor|
|Date of Birth||17 June 1970|
|Age||50 Years (At the time of death)|
|Birth Place||Dadar, Maharashtra|
|Death||17 August 2020|
|Death Place||AIG Hospital, Hyderabad, India|
|Home Town||Dadar, Maharashtra|
|Family||Mother : Not Available|
Father : Not Known (Teacher)
Sister: Not Available
Brother: Not Available
Wife : Not Available
Education Details and More
|College||Wilson College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Diploma in Hotel Management|
|Debut||Film : Hava Aney Dey (2004; As Actor)|
Saatchya Aat Gharat (2005; As Writer)
Dombivali Fast (2005; As Director)
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 8″ Feet|
|Body Shape||Chest: 40 inches|
Waist: 32 inches
Biceps: 12 inches
|Hobbies||Travelling, Listening Music|
Marital Status and More
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Nishikant Kamat
- Nishikant Kamat is born and brought up from Dadar, Maharashtra.
- He started his career as an actor in the film Hava Aney Dey in 2014.
- He gained recognition in the film industry from the film Dombivali Fast. The film became the highest grossing Marathi film of 2005.
- He won the National Film Award for his first directorial debut, Dombivali Fast.
- He also directed a critically acclaimed film like Mumbai Meri Jaan in 2008. The film received several awards including Filmfare Critics Award for Best Movie.
- In 2019, Nishikant also worked as a creative producer for the web-series, The Final Call and Rangbaaz Phirse.
- Nishikant worked with Ajay Devgan in ‘Drishyam‘, with John Abraham in ‘Force and Rocky Handsome‘ and with Ritesh Deshmukh in ‘Lai Bhaari‘.
- Kamat played a negative role in John Abraham-starrer Rocky Handsome in 2016,
- On 17 August 2020, Filmmaker Milap Zaveri said on twitter that, Nishikant is on the ventilator. After that, speculations were being made about his death. Actor Riteish Deshmukh tweeted this at the same time.
Nishikant kamat is on ventilator support. He is still alive & fighting. Let’s pray for him.— Riteish Deshmukh (@Riteishd) August 17, 2020
- Kamat take last breath on 17 August 2020. He was suffering from chronic liver disease and secondary infections, was admitted to hospital on July 31.
- Riteish Deshmukh posted the news of Nishikant’s death on Twitter at 4:38pm and wrote, “I will miss you my friend.” #NishikantKamat Rest In Peace.”
I will miss you my friend. #NishikantKamat Rest In Peace. 🙏🏽 pic.twitter.com/cqEeLbKJPM— Riteish Deshmukh (@Riteishd) August 17, 2020
- Ajay Devgn, who was the star of Nishikant’s popular film Drishyam, tweeted
My equation with Nishikant was not just about Drishyam, a film which he directed with Tabu and me. It was an association that I cherished. He was bright; ever-smiling. He has gone too soon.— Ajay Devgn (@ajaydevgn) August 17, 2020
RIP Nishikant 🙏
If you have more details about Nishikant Kamat. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.