Pritam Chakraborty (Music Director) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Girlfriend and More
Pritam Chakraborty is an Indian musician, singer, record producer, instrumentalist and composer of Hindi films. He was born in Kolkata, West Bengal and currently lives in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
Birth & Early Life
Pritam Chakraborty was born on 14 June 1971 in a Bengali family to Anuradha Chakraborty and Prabodh Chakraborty. He gained his early training in music from his father and learned to play the guitar while he was still in school.
Chakraborty completed his schooling from St. James School and his college from Presidency University. He learnt to play various musical instruments including Tabla, Guitar, Keyboard while polishing his vocals. He holds a diploma from Film and Television Institute of India, Pune in 1994 and was offered to compose background music for a Hungarian filmmaker.
|Real Name||Pritam Chakraborty|
|Profession||Music Composer, Singer, Guitarist|
|Date of Birth||14 June 1971|
|Age (as in 2020)||49 Years|
|Birth Place||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Home Town||Kolkata, West Bengal|
|Family||Mother : Anuradha Chakraborty|
Father : Prabodh Chakraborty
Wife : Smita Bhattacharya
Daughter : Ishqa Chakraborty
Son : Purvesh Chakraborty
|Address||Andheri West, Mumbai|
Initially Chakraborty began his career in the Indian music industry by composing ads jingles for various brands like Santro, McDonalds, Parle, Nestle etc. along with title tracks for several silver screen dramas. His major break into Bollywood came when he co-composed the song Tere Liye with Jeet Ganguly in December 2001. The music left its mark. Soon the duo was offered to compose music for the remarkable Yash Raj Films’ Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai. He made his name in the music industry by blending Indian classical music with western music. This unique style of Pritam can be seen in song from films like Jab We Met, Dhoom, Jannat, Barfi, Bajrangi Bhaijaan, Holiday: A soldier Is Never Off Duty, etc.
Education Details and More
|School||St. James’ School, Kolkata|
|College||Presidency College, Kolkata|
Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
|Educational Qualification||B.Sc. (Hons.) in Geology|
|Debut||Film : Tere Liye (2001)|
|Awards||Asia Pacific Screen Awards (2012; Best Music)|
Asian Film Awards (2012; Best Music)
International Indian Film Academy Awards (2012)
IIFA Award (2017; Best Music Director)
IIFA Award (2018; Best Music Director)
IIFA Award (2018; Best Background Score)
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 8″ Feet|
|Body Shape||Chest: 42 inches|
Waist: 36 inches
Biceps: 14 inches
|Hobbies||Singing, Playing Piano and Guitar|
Marital Status and More
|Marriage Date||Not Available|
|Controversies||In 2016, Chakraborty was accused of plagiarism from various international music compositions.|
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||INR 100-150 Crores|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Pritam Chakraborty
- Pritam Chakraborty was born and brought up in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- Pritam has won several national and international awards. He has left his mark worldwide with his unique music.
- He has judged several television singing reality shows like Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and Dil Hai Hindustani.
- Chakraborty has been a part of regional Bengali bands called Jotugriher Pakhi and Chandrabindoo.
- He has made music in various genres like pop, rock, sufi, classical, etc.
- Besides working with renowned Indian film-makers and singing sensations he has also produced music also with Popular artist Marshmellow.
- The 49-year-old musician has created several works of art which have become evergreen in the Indian music industry.
- He currently lives in Mumbai with his wife Smita Chakraborty and two children.
If you have more details about Pritam Chakraborty. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.