Mirabai Chanu (Weightlifter) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Mirabai Chanu is an Indian weightlifter who has recently won Sliver medal in Olympics 2020 in Women’s 49 kg weightlifting. She has been honored with the Khel Ratna Award by President Ram Nath Kovind. She is among two people who were given the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the country’s highest sports honor in the year 2018.
Birth & Early Life
Mirabai Chanu was born on 8 August 1994 in Nongpok Kakching village, 20 km from Imphal, Manipur. She is the youngest of her 6 siblings. Her family is not financially capable. Mirabai had to go to the mountains to pick wood with her brother Saikhom Santomba Meitei due to poor financial condition. During this time her age was only 12 years. Her early education was completed in the village itself.
|Real Name||Saikhom Mirabai Chanu|
|Date of Birth||8 August 1994|
|Age (as in 2021)||27 Years|
|Birth Place||Nagpok, Kakching, Imphal East, Manipur|
|Home Town||Imphal, Manipur, India|
|Family||Mother : Saikhom Ongbi Tombi Leima (Shopkeeper)|
Father : Saikhom Kriti Meitei (Officer in PWD)
Sister : Saikhom Rangita, Saikhom Shaya
Brother : Saikhom Sanatomba Meitei
Husband : Not Available
|Address||Imphal, Manipur, India|
Education Details and More
|Awards||Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna award for Weightlifting (2018)|
Padma Shri (2018)
2018 Commonwealth Games (Gold Medal)
2014 Commonwealth Games (Silver Medal)
2020 Olympic Games (Silver Medal)
and many more
Physical Stats and More
|Height||In Feet : 4′ 9″ Feet|
In Meter : 1.5 m
|Weight||In Kg : 49 Kg|
In Pound : 108 lbs
Marital Status and More
|Salary (approx)||Not Available|
|Net Worth||Not Available|
Social Media Presence
Some Facts About Mirabai Chanu
- Mirabai Chanu was born and brought up in Imphal, Manipur.
- Her coach is Kunjarani Devi, who has been a national level weightlifting player.
- Chanu won the Under-15 title at the age of just 12 and became a junior champion at the age of 17.
- Her family could not buy iron bars due to not being financially capable, so she continued her training by making bars from bricks.
- In the year 2014, Mirabai won the silver medal in the 48 kg category at the Glasgow Commonwealth Games.
- Mirabai had qualified for Rio Olympics in 2016 but did not get any medal in this Olympics.
- In the year 2018, Mirabai was honored with the Padma Shri award by the Government of India. The same year, she has awarded the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest sports award by President Ram Nath Kovind.
- She starts the day with yoga.
- She had participated in an interaction with Prime Minister Narendra Modi with the aim of taking care of her fitness and health during the Corona lockdown.
- She is a big fan of Bollywood actor Amitabh Bachchan.
If you have more details about Mirabai Chanu. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.