Seema Biswas (Actress) Height, Weight, Date of Birth, Age, Wiki, Biography, Boyfriend and More
Seema Biswas is an Indian film, television and theatre actress. She is known for her role as Phoolan Devi in Bandit Queen in 1994. She has acted in movies in several languages including Hindi, Marathi, Malayalam, Bengali and Punjabi. Seema has been awarded Life Membership of International Film And Television Club of Asian Academy of Film & Television. She is continuously associated with the film industry for more than 3 decades.
Birth & Background
Seema Biswas was born on 14th January, 1965 in Guwahati, Assam. Her father Jagdish Biswas was in construction business and her mother Meera Biswas was a history teacher and theatre artists in Assam. Seema has three siblings. Her two elder sisters are singers and a brother.
Her family shifted to Nalbari in Assam after her birth. She completed her primary education from Dhamadham School, Nalbari. Seema graduated from Nalbari College in political science with honours. She then moved to New Delhi study dramatic arts from National School of Drama. Her first husband was an alumnus of NSD and her second husband was a film producer named Nikhilesh Sharma.
|Real Name||Seema Biswas|
|Date of Birth||14 January 1965|
|Birth Place||Guwahati, Assam|
|Home Town||Nalbari, Assam|
|Family||Mother : Meera Biswas|
Father : Jagdish Biswas
Siblings : 3 Siblings (Name Not Known)
Husband : Nikhilesh Sharma (m. 2003–2007)
|Address||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Seema started her career in films with Amshini in 1988. She rose to fame in 1994 when she portrayed the role of Phoolan Devi in Shekhar Kapur’s film Bandit Queen. She won National Film Awards in 1995 and Filmfare Awards in 1997 in the category best actress and best female debut respectively for the movie. She won the Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress for playing the role of Flavy, a deaf and mute woman in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Khamoshi: The Musical in 1996.
Her notable works in Bollywood films include Company (2002), Ek Hasina Thi (2004), Water (2005), Vivah (2006), Lalbaug – Parel (2010), Jai Ho Democracy (2015), Half Girlfriend (2017) and more.
Television & Web Series
Seema made her debut on small screen in 2014 with Maha Kumbh: Ek Rahasaya, Ek Kahani. She then appeared in Leila and Daadi Amma Daadi Amma Maan Jaao as Daadi Amma in 2020. Additionally, Biswas has appeared in web series: Coded M (2020) and The Family Man Season 2 (2021).
Education Details and More
|School||Dhamadham School, Nalbari|
National School of Drama
|Debut||Film : Amshini (1988)|
Television : Maha Kumbh: Ek Rahasaya, Ek Kahani (2014)
Web Series : Code M (2020)
|Awards||National Film Awards|
Screen Award for Best Supporting Actress
Sangeet Natak Akademi Award
and many more
Physical Stats and More
|Height||5′ 3″ Feet|
|Hair Colour||Black (aged white hair)|
|Hobbies||Music and Travelling|
Some Facts About Seema Biswas
- Seema Biswas grew up in Nalbari, Assam to a Bengali family.
- At the age of 15 Seema performed for the first time on stage when a local theatre contacted her mother to cast her.
- After Seema joined NSD, she acted in many plays and worked with NSD Repertory Company for seven years.
- Seema was a loner and sulky in childhood. She was overweight and avoided interacting with other children.
- Seema has shared screen with her mother in the film Water (2005).
- Seema was offered the role of Phoolan Devi while she was rehearsing for the play Khubsurat Bahu.
- She became the first female actor in India to portray the role of a transsexual in the film Queens! Destiny of Dance in 2011.
- Seema was a jury member of the 45th International Film Festival of India in 2014.
- She is fond of listening to music and travelling.
If you have more details about Seema Biswas. Please comment below we will updated within a hour.